Province of Grosseto
The province of Grosseto fully occupies the southern tip of Tuscany, and for territorial extension with its 4504 km square, is the most extensive in the region; with 225 098 inhabitants is one of the Italian provinces with the lowest population density.
In the province fall 28 municipalities, including the capital city of Grosseto 81 765 inhabitants.
Surely the present and future development of the economy of Grosseto is based on endogenous growth factors present in the area: the vocation agribusiness and tourist environment.
The Province of Grosseto has a high environmental heterogeneity, both in terms bioclimatic both geomorphological lithological, resulting in a 'high variety of natural landscapes which is linked to a significant biological diversity of plant and animal species. These factors are associated with other aspects that have allowed over time to achieve a balance between man and environment, and in particular the sparse population of large portions of the territory due to historical reasons, socio-economic and cultural, and the net vocation agro-silvo- Pastoral of the Maremma.
The value of such territorial aspects, can only be appreciated by sighting everything with the hinge effect played by the reputation of the area, from the farm, the food tourism: in this perspective, food industry, agriculture and quality system of tourism and services represent three important poles of a new model of socio-economic development, synthesized by the Territorial System Quality Maremma (STQM)
- agricultural production consistent with the natural vocation of the area and significant to the local economy;
- historical identity homogeneous;
- consolidated integration between rural activities and other local activities;
- production of goods or services of particular specificity, consistent with the traditions and natural vocations of the territory.
The actions that the rural district can play, in order to consolidate and develop the productive system that characterizes and natural vocations of the territory, are:
- promote and strengthen dialogue and exchanges between the various parties entered into the productive fabric, creating conditions conducive to integration and synergy at operational level;
- promote, support and coordinate the initiatives of trade promotion and image of the territory;
- promote cognitive activities and information for the study and monitoring of problems of an economic, social, cultural, territorial, environmental;
- facilitate the aggregation and comparison of different local interests, managing moments of reflection and discussion, with the involvement of all stakeholders;
- promote, in a logic of maximum exploitation of available resources and broad involvement of subjects and areas of the district, the coordination of the various management policies and land development;
- promote an effective contribution to the training of district documents economic planning, spatial planning and agro-environmental;
- encourage initiatives negotiated planning and operations of the supply chain interesting territory.